What is business General Liability Insurance?
Many small business owners mistakenly believe that if they have general liability insurance, their own losses are covered as well as the losses of their customers. But a general liability policy does not protect you when it comes to your OWN property. If you want to protect your own property consider buying Business Owners Policy (BOP).
Business Owners Policy (BOP) is enhanced insurance that combines general liability insurance and property insurance, a BOP covers:
- General liability insurance which protects your business from another person or business’ claims of bodily Injury, associated medical costs and damage to their property.
- Property Liability Insurance – your business furniture and equipment at up to five different office locations, which includes accidental damage.
You should consider a business owners policy if you
- Need general liability insurance coverage.
- Have business equipment such as computers, printers and furniture.
- Own the building at which you work and need to insure the property.
- Own and work with large amounts of data on a regular basis.
- Have employees who could act dishonestly or steal clients’ property.
Customize your Business Owner Policy (BOP)
Depending upon the specific needs of your business, you can customize your BOP policy by choosing options such as:
- Office insurance for fire and business interruption.
- Electronic data loss insurance.
- Hired or non-owned vehicle liability insurance.
- Commercial Crime insurance to cover the dishonesty of your employees.
What Business Owners Policy (BOP) does NOT Cover
Business Owners Insurance does not protect you from Professional Services. For example
- Certain claims, including those arising from professional services you perform.
- Client damages if you provide inaccurate or incomplete advice to a client.
To get professional services you can choose to buy a Professional Liability insurance policy in addition to Business Owners Policy.
For more information on APLAZ Business Owners Policy (BOP) Insurance services, contact an Insurance Services specialist at (650) 557-3797 or click the contact button: